Census Information


The Town of Hull mails out the Annual Street Listing Forms (Census) to each household every year. Residents are urged to review, update, sign and return them as soon as possible to the Town Clerk Office - even if all the information is correct. Please be sure to also report if you will be moving after January 1st. All occupants, including children, should be listed, although information obtained for residents under age 17 remains confidential.

According to state law, if you are a registered voter and you do not answer the census, you and every voter in your family will be made an INACTIVE voter. Such persons will only be eligible to vote after they fill out an “Affirmation of Current and Continuous Residence” the next time they come to vote. In that event, identification must be provided and must include the voter’s name and the address which he/she is registered to vote. Proper identification could include any of the following: a current and valid photo identification, current utility bill, bank statement, pay stub, government check, or other government document showing voter’s name and address.

Please note: You cannot register to vote, change your party or your name when you fill out your census. You may make these changes by coming to the Town Clerk’s office or online here.


Below are a few of the reasons why it is so important to return the census forms:

  • It is the law.
  • It establishes legal residence for voting privileges and town benefits.
  • It is used to create the annual street list.
  • It is used to assist public safety officials and emergency responders.
  • It is used to apply for grants.
  • It is used to assist the Town and State in calculating state and federal aid.
  • It is used to project future school enrollment and costs.
  • It is used to create the voter list-if you are a voter and do not respond, you will be made inactive on the voting list.
  • It serves as proof of residency which residents need to qualify for veteran’s benefits and in-state tuition at state schools.

Any resident who did not receive a census form, or who might need another one, should call Town Clerk’s office 781-925-2000 or if you are new to town or have misplaced your questionnaire, you may also access a blank form HERE. Forms can be mailed to Town Clerk, 253 Atlantic Avenue or dropped off at the Town Clerk’s office. Forms may also be scanned to [email protected].

The Annual Street List of Residents is published in late spring, and is available in the Town Clerk’s office for a fee of $10.00.