

Minutes for Hull CPC Meeting: 6/7/21

Call to Order

A Hull Community Preservation Committee meeting was held remotely on Monday, June 7, 2021. It was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by CPC Chair Tammy Best.

(This meeting is being held remotely via GoToMeeting as an alternate means of public access pursuant to an order issued by the Governor of Massachusetts dated March 12, 2020 suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law. You are hereby advised that this meeting and all communications during this meeting may be recorded by the Town of Hull in accordance with the Open Meeting Law.)

Committee Attendees

- | | |
|-------------------------------------|---------------------------------------|
| ➤ Tammy Best, CPC Chair | ➤ Fulvia Quilici Matteucci, Treasurer |
| ➤ Rachel Gilroy | ➤ Nathan Peyton |
| ➤ Greg Grey | ➤ Jim Richman, Vice Chair |
| ➤ Jim Ianiri (had to leave 6:50 pm) | ➤ Carol Costello, CPC Administrator |

Agenda

- Call meeting to order
- Housekeeping items following ATM
- Prep for Forum
- Approval of minutes from meetings held on 05.03.21
- Review and approve any outstanding invoices
- Updates on prior CPA grants
- Review timeline/application/documents for new season
- CPC Organization – vote on positions for upcoming season
- Adjourn

CPC Organization – vote on positions for upcoming season

Carol: as we know this is Tammy's last meeting as Chair; before Jim I needs to leave the meeting, I suggest that we vote on the upcoming seasons' officers.

Fulvia: Tammy would you be willing to be Chair another year?

Tammy: yes

VOTE: Greg made a motion that we keep the officers in place for next year. It would be Tammy Best – Chair, Jim Richman – Vice Chair and Fulvia – Treasurer. 2nd Jim I. *(with a comment he supports but no pressure)*

Nate: just want to make sure the other folks want to continue their job.

Jim R: yes

Fulvia: yes

Unanimously passes: *(Fulvia, Rachel, Nate, Jim I, Jim R, Greg, Tammy)* Carol will notify TM and Town Clerk

Housekeeping items following ATM

Carol: we have just one grant agreement for the Friends of the Paragon Carousel (FPC) -- cover letter, grant agreement and payment schedule that the committee reviewed. Pending Chair Best signature, Carol will send off to the FPC and will follow up and send the signed copy off to TM, Town Accountant and Town Counsel.

Prep for Forum

Committee discussed hosting a public forum for June 21, 2021. This is an information session, not to hash out potential projects.

VOTE: Motion made by Greg to host a public forum on June 21st at 7pm remotely; 2nd by Jim R. all in favor *(Fulvia, Rachel, Nate, Jim I, Jim R, Greg, Tammy)*

Several items were reviewed by CPC and needed to be addressed with action items by June 11th:

- **News Press Release:** Carol – Hull Times

- **Flyer:** Tammy – share with group. Carol post on website
- **CPC Website:** Carol list of items to remove and post new items: flyer, new applications, guidelines, flow chart
- **Town FB, Twitter:** Carol send flyer and press release to Judy
- **Cable:** Fulvia: sent to contact to place on cable
- **DCR Board:** Rachel to reach out to Matt Tobin 617 828-1623

Tammy: if we can all share with our committees and help get the word out. Any other suggestion, feel free to assist with this.

Carol: will finalize the guidelines and separate the preliminary and final applications to include the flow chart on each. Place on website: CPC Meeting Schedule, Flow Chart, Application Guidelines, Preliminary Application, Final Application (remove old documents)

Greg: Nancy is back if you need assistance with the website as well.

Review/Approve Meeting Minutes

VOTE: Jim R. made the motion to accept May 3rd meeting notes, 2nd by Fulvia (*Nate - abstain, Jim R, Fulvia, Rachel Greg - abstain, Tammy*) Carol will include in documents to be placed on the website.

Review/Approve Outstanding Invoices

VOTE: Invoice for Carol Costello's services; Invoice FY2021-13, dated June 7th.

Jim R. motioned to approve, and Greg seconded the motion - approved. The motion passed and Fulvia will process the invoice with Mike Buckley. (*Rachel, Greg, Jim R, Nate, Fulvia, Tammy*)

Updates on Prior Grants

Rehabilitation of Historic Town Records – ATM20 - \$50K

Tammy: reported Lori West's update on Town Historic Documents: (email dated 5/4/21 forwarded to CPC on 5/10/21)

Tammy: I wanted to update you on the Clerk's historical records CPC project.

The Town Manager and myself have signed off on the contract with (NEDCC) Northeast Document Conservation Center to obtain the assessment of the vault (historic materials).

Followed by the assessment, I will begin the process of restoration and possible digitalization of the historical records (while the books are already apart).

This process will begin in June with tentative scheduled interviews and the site visit work listed below. The interviews would be via Zoom.

First interview (90 minutes) Monday, June 7, 9:30am-11:00am	Second interview (90 minutes) Tues. June 22, 9:30am-11:00am
Site visit (up to 2.5 hours) Mon. June 14, 10:00am-12:30pm	Wrap-up Interview Scheduled as needed

I am very excited to get this long awaited project off the ground and I really think the Town will enjoy and appreciate the final product(s).

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Lori West, Town Clerk

Fulvia: I know she mentioned digitizing, just want to be sure this is covered with CPA funds.

Carol: yes, it is part of the process to preserve these important documents; I had a conversation with the Coalition on this, Stuart Saginor confirmed since it is part of the preservation process, it would be eligible.

Nate: question, would the digitize documents be on the Town's website?

Tammy: I will check with Lori; perhaps she could come and present and update to CPC at one of our meetings.

Kenberma Playground – ATM19 - \$120K

Greg: paint colors picked out, fence is going up – hopefully in a few weeks we will have more to report and potentially have a ribbon cutting with CPC involved.

Lifesaving Museum Restoration – ATM19 - \$70K

Fulvia: do we have an update on the doors for the museum?

Greg: nothing to report, still in the works.

Fort Revere Storyboards/Signage – ATM21 - \$10K

Fulvia: the signs are moving along; we have a Historic Commission meeting tomorrow night and we will be reviewing the text on the signs.

Mobi Mats – ATM21 - \$10,100

Jim R: status of mobi mats, did they place one done already at A Street?

Greg: I will doublecheck, I believe that could have been part of the entire project that is going on there.

Nate: I will check with Chris to see if the new grant has come through yet

Review CPC Documents for upcoming season

The committee reviewed several documents to kick off the new season:

- Proposed CPC meeting schedule/timeline
- Flowchart for application process
- Press Release
- CPC Guidelines
- Preliminary Application
- Final Application
- Grant agreement for FPC
- Recap of CPA grants since 2018

Carol: I am currently working on a CPC manual that will include details for the CPA program that will help committee members when holding a seat on this committee. I always welcome feedback! This is forthcoming. I am also in the process of reporting to the Dept of Revenue, which is a database each town needs to complete their reporting on-line prior to September.

Carol: I will update the documents above based on feedback from tonight's meeting and get those out and post where necessary.

Next CPC Meeting – June 21, 2021, at 7:00 pm Public Forum – remotely.

Adjournment

VOTE: Jim R moved that the meeting be adjourned at 8:30 pm, 2nd by Fulvia and approved unanimously. (*Jim R, Rachel, Fulvia, Nate, Rachel, Greg, Tammy*)

Respectfully submitted by: Carol Costello with edits by Tammy Best